Wednesday, May 16, 2007

To my City of Wind and Spirit

To My Beautiful City of Wind:

33 years ago we began this love affair
Standing on the corner of Lake and Lasalle
I discovered your beauty...
Wrote your name in the cold air with my breath
Walked along river banks and lakes shores at the same time
There were times of disappointment on 79th and Damen
Moments of despair on Central and Race
On Jackson you took me to your highest levels
I love you for each experience


But Sometimes:


There’s so much on mind
that I just can’t rewind
Blasting holes in the night
til she bled sunshine
Breathe in
Hell vapors for dark suns to shine
Breathe out
like weed smoke we trace the skyline
I heard the bass riding out like an ancient mating call
I can’t take it ya’ll
I can feel the city breathing
Chest heaving, against the flesh of the evening
look out for me, I’m on the last train leaving

No comments: