Friday, January 4, 2008

Dreaming in echoes..

Oct. ‘09
As usual I creep up the stairs and attempt to startle you. Equally as common you remain calm and tell me that you felt my presence by the time I hit the third step. As you have told before, my aura wraps itself around your shoulders every time I walk into the same room as you. You are sitting on the edge of our bed fully dressed , yet sitting perfectly still. I climb over the massive bed and sit on my knees behind you, I fold my frame over yours and touch the odd football shaped mound that is now your stomach. I close my eyes and take in the wonderful smell of you and our unborn child. Eyes still close, three heart beats synchronize and I begin to drift….

June ‘09
The cabin was beautiful, amenities perfect and the service left nothing to be desired. Still I leave feeling empty. I don’t readily recognize this feeling, I am usually fairly easily to please and who loves a good time more than I? Yet I am not satisfied, I don’t want to go to my house and more importantly, I don’t want to go anywhere that you are not . You touch my face and ask “what’s wrong“, I melt within your hand. That is when I knew, knew that this Tiffany 3 carat creation that has been in my pocket the entire trip was the only relief from my eternal restlessness. In the lobby of the resort , I dropped to one knee in front of hundreds of stunned guests and amazed staff persons and asked you to never let me go home to any place that was not with you….

January ‘09
My small business suddenly becomes medium sized. Our phone conversations decrease and the time we spend starts to dwindle. You want too break up with me, you say that I am neglecting you, neglecting us. I understand what you mean and know that you are right. I take to the defensive and say that you are not even trying to understand what I am going through. You bark out something about your own career and it’s demands. I mutter something incomprehensible about something that means nothing. I hurt you. You hurt me. I become indignant over nothing and we nearly break up! You say something to diffuse the situation. I say that I love you and I apologize. We plan a trip, no business for a week…

July ‘08
We lay spooning on the couch, watching the final episodes of the "Wire". I have no idea if you even liked this stuff before we met, now you look forward to each episode. Perhaps it’s the closeness and not the drama that you really crave. I don’t know and don’t dare ask, just like you never asked when I bit my lip and saw that chick flick with you last week. Slowly. Surely. We are becoming a couple…

Jan ‘08
Stove grey cashmere coat is blowing in the brisk winter's air. The rain has turned into faintest form of snow . The precipitation is most certainly not welcome. We walk arm in arm to your door. Still laughing and still smiling we get to your front step and you turn to face me, nearly hit me with the bouquet of flowers that you have not let go of since I handed them to you earlier in the evening. I tell you that I had a great time, you reply the same. A slight breeze breeches our bliss and you reach for the front of your coat and give yourself a warming hug. Of all the times for God to exhale. Aaarrrggghhh! I was preparing myself for a final gloss of what has captivated my attention all night. The sight of you in that wonderful dress, perfectly manicured hands, beautiful face leading to that slender neck, small frame inviting me in for a big hug, down to those perfect dancer's legs. I insist that you go inside before you catch cold. You reach up put your arms around my neck, kiss me on the cheek and say goodnight. I walk away wondering if it is possible to fall in love on the first date…

Jan ‘08
I found you reading my blog!

No comments: