Friday, January 11, 2008

Couldn't say it any better...

...Someone asked me what I wanted in a relationship. I replied:


What am I looking for? Like most people the
impossible...someone prettier than I should hope for,
sweeter than I deserve, more loving than I am myself
and as understanding as I strive to be. I am indeed
looking for my better half, my missing half; She who
will let me rule the day as I let her rule the night.
I am looking for a woman that is becoming extinct, the
rare sister that understands love is not about winning
or losing, but overcoming together. One team, one
fight, I am looking for a woman that one day wants to
be the BEST damn person possible for her husband and
her kids and her family, but understands that you
can't have it all-all the time. There is time to be
the corporate raider/career woman, a time to be a wife
and mother, a time to be a friend, a daughter, a
sister. A woman that knows its not about wearing all
those hats at once, but, when to switch from one hat
to another. I dreamt of this woman long ago and her
memories floats around faintly in my mind. I have
found suitable substitutes and reasonable facsimiles,
but never once her in the flesh. Maybe that is why I
am single. Perhaps I am a dreamer.

No comments: